Be Well Seeks to improve the overall wellness of UT Knoxville employees through health education and wellness activities that support positive lifestyle choices. Wellness champions will serve as ambassadors between Be Well and their respective department or office. Wellness champions will play an important role in shaping the wellness culture at UTK by providing constructive feedback to the Be Well Coordinator regarding campus and specific area needs.
Attributes of a Successful Wellness Champion:
-Passion for personal health and wellness
-Desire to help others
-Enthusiasm for wellness programming
- Attend a wellness champion orientation session
- Lead by example through practicing healthy behaviors and participating in Be Well programming when possible
- Assist in communicating Be Well Program by:
- Sharing provided emails with respective departments
- Displaying provided materials (poster, flyers, etc..)
- Complete the Health Department Certification assessment
- Develop health and well-being initiatives in your unit (e.g., bulletin boards, healthy potlucks, guest speakers, activities, or walking group, etc.)
- Share your success stories and metrics with us
- Strive to build a culture of wellness within the office/department/building
The Wellness Champion role is an additional, volunteer duty and should not interfere with primary job duties. Volunteers should maintain communication with supervisors regarding activities related to the Be Well Program. A reasonable amount of time involved with responsibilities listed above should be no more than two (2) hours per month.