In partnership with the UT Culinary Institute, Be Well is happy to announce the sponsorship of a series of healthy cooking classes. The classes are offered to UT employees free of charge to educate the community and share new and healthy culinary tips. Unless otherwise noted, classes are held at the UT Visitor’s Center.
Class spaces are very limited so registration is on a first come, first serve basis until all available spots are filled. Available classes are listed below. Registrations will open 3 weeks before the class time.
CLICK HERE to register for the Be Well Healthy Cooking Classes.
For this class we will use shrimp in 3 easy and healthy preparations:
- Roasted shrimp in the classic southern shrimp boil as a 1 pan sheet pan dinner.
- Grilled shrimp on a watermelon feta salad with shrimp skewers and balsamic reduction
- Sautéed shrimp with cherry tomatoes, corn and zucchini on capellini pasta in a basil cream sauce.
Instructor: Chef Donna Parang
- Mediterranean salad with garlic herb vinaigrette
- Apple Salad with honey line vinaigrette served in Walnut and Parmesan baskets
- Pasta & Seasonal Vegetables Salad with Southwestern Dressing
Instructor: Chef Kendall Ball
- Creamy Pinto Bean Soup
- Chiles Rellenos and Roasted Vegetable Salsa
- Shrimp Tacos with Crunchy Cabbage Slaw
- Pomegranate, Basil, and Queso Fresco Salsa
Instructor: Beth LaFontaine