Be Well Campus Wellness Fund – Call for Proposals 2018-2019
As we strive to make the University of Tennessee a healthier community, the University of Tennessee Be Well Employee Wellness program would like to encourage departmental units at UT to apply for the Campus Wellness Fund. The Campus Wellness Fund provides awards of up to $1,500 to university departments to aid them in the development of a health and wellness related initiative.
Campus Wellness Fund initiatives must align with one or more of the Be Well focus areas:
- Move More
- Eat Better
- Cut out Tobacco
Campus Wellness Fund applications that are both sustainable projects and include matching funds in their proposed projects are highly encouraged.
Examples of past wellness fund projects include:
- 30-day challenges that included the purchase of supplies to support office initiatives
- outfitting a break-room with healthy snack options
- purchasing of a bicycle for commuting between office locations
Why should I apply?
- Any department or campus unit within the University of Tennessee, Knoxville
- Faculty and Staff members can apply on behalf of their campus unit with the approval of the Department Head or Director.
- The faculty and/or staff in your unit have an idea that will help make your department a healthier environment.
- Those who have participated in a wellness program typically experience increased energy, confidence, self-esteem, and higher job satisfaction.
|Tuesday, September 4, 2018||Applications open|
|Friday, October 19, 2018||Application deadline|
|Monday, November 19, 2018||Campus Wellness Fund recipients announced|
|Friday, May 31, 2019||Project period ends. Final budget and project report due.|
- Units may apply for up to $1,500 from the Campus Wellness Fund for your project
- Proposals that include department matching funds are highly encouraged but not required
- Sustainable programming and behavior-changing interventions will be scored favorably
- Proposals will be reviewed and evaluated by the Wellness Advisory Council
- The Be Well Wellness Coordinator must approve budget items prior to purchase – no exceptions.
- The Campus Wellness Fund is a reimbursement based initiative. All approved purchases will have to be paid by the department but will be reimbursed at the end of the project via a department transfer
Complete the online application HERE.