The Campus Wellness Fund was created to provide opportunities for departments to develop health and wellness related initiatives in partnership with Be Well. The initiatives must align with one or more of the Be Well focus areas: Move More, Eat Better, and Cut out Tobacco. Fund recipients will work with Be Well staff to implement the proposed projects. As we strive to make the University of Tennessee a healthier place, we encourage you to apply and help promote wellness in your department. Sustainable projects and departments which include matching funds in their proposed projects are highly encouraged.
Past proposals have included 30-day challenges that included the purchase of equipment and tools to support office initiatives, installing water-filtering stations, outfitting a break-room with healthier options and resources, purchasing of a bicycle to encourage physical activity and commuting between office locations.
*Unfortunately, the Campus Wellness Fund Initiative is only available to UT-Knoxville Campus units at this time.
- Completed the online application HERE.
- You can also download a word version of the application and submit your proposal to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fall 2018 CWF Application – Word Document
- Budget Template
- Final Report Template
Be Well Campus Wellness Fund – Call for Proposals Fall 2018
Why should I apply?
- Any department or campus unit within the University of Tennessee – Knoxville
- Faculty and Staff members can apply on behalf of their campus unit with the approval of the Department Head or Director.
- You have an idea that will help make your department a healthier environment.
- CWF recipients will have an opportunity to use their funds to impact their campus unit.
- Employees participating in a wellness program typically experience increased energy, confidence, self-esteem, and higher job satisfaction.
|Monday, October 30, 2017||Applications open|
|Friday, November 10, 2017||Preferred Application deadline|
|Friday, December 15th, 2017||Final Application deadline|
|Monday, January 15th, 2018||CWF recipients announced|
|Thursday, May 31, 2018||Project period ends. Final budget, project report, and success stories due.|
*If you need an extension of the deadline please email email@example.com with your request.
- You may apply for up to $1,500 from the Campus Wellness Fund for your project
- Proposals that include department matching funds are highly encouraged but not required
- Proposals will be reviewed and evaluated by the Wellness Advisory Council
- The Be Well Wellness Coordinator must approve budget items prior to purchase – no exceptions.
- Sustainable programming and behavior-changing interventions will be scored favorably
- The Campus Wellness Fund is a reimbursement based initiative. All funds will have to be paid by the department but will be reimbursed at the end of the project via a department transfer