- An evidence-based 6-week program adapted from the CDC’s Diabetes Prevention Program. This program aims to help UT personnel create healthier lifestyles through physical activity, proper nutrition, and healthy habits. In the lunch and learn style sessions, participants will learn about the current recommendations for areas of health and wellness. Participants will set and work to achieve individual goals based on their current levels of engagement. Over the course of the program, participants will learn skill sets that will help them meet their goals and the adopt a healthy lifestyle as part of their daily routines.
- In partnership with the UT Culinary Institute, Be Well is happy to announce the sponsorship of a series of healthy cooking classes. These hands on cooking classes offer an opportunity for participants to learn more about health cooking methods and recipes. The classes are limited in size and are free for UT employees.
- Be Well is excited to announce the Healthy Gardening Series in partnership with UT Gardens. The goal of this series is to empower UT faculty and staff to take control of their nutritional intake Gardening can seem like an overwhelming task at first. However, with the help of professionals from UT Gardens UT Faculty and Staff will learn the basics skills necessary to easily grow fresh herbs, fruits, and vegetables at home.
- Be Well and the Grow Lab Campus Garden are launching a new program this year free to UT employees! Workplace gardens offer opportunities for employees to eat healthier, get active, and reduce stress levels while at work. UT Employees will be offered space at the Grow Lab along with resources to learn how to grow their own produce and manage a garden. Interested individuals and departments are encouraged to sign up to attend a spring planning meeting.
- Be Well is hosting a variety of free fitness classes for UT faculty and staff to participate in after the work day. In effort to expand opportunities for physical activity on UT’s campus, employees can try different styles of fitness classes after work. Registration is required and will remain open until the day prior to the scheduled class or until capacity.
- Starting a new habit and sticking with it is not always easy. That’s why Be Well coordinates a variety of wellness challenges to help you get started and stay accountable.
Be Well Weekends
- A summer social media campaign to engage faculty, staff, and the rest of the campus community by sharing local outdoor events. The campaign helps create an opportunity for community interaction and engagement. Follow our social media accounts on Facebook and Twitter for more weekly suggestions.
Move More Mondays
- A campaign to engage the campus community through walking and physical activity. The Thompson-Boling Arena concourse will be available on Mondays for UT employees to use as space to walk. The concourse can be accessed through the TBA Cafeteria entrance. Once inside the first set of doors take a right and take the elevator up to the third floor. 6 laps around the concourse are equivalent to 1 mile.
Additionally, in an effort to expand the campaign’s reach, Wellness Champions (department wellness representatives) may help facilitate a group walk around their area of campus. Maps for various parts of campus can be found on our website at: Campus Walking Routes. Visit our Wellness Champion page for a full list of building representatives.
Community Races and Events
- Be Well will facilitate creating a team in community races and events that occur on our campus. The goal is to increase participation in physical activity events such as local races that benefit our community. Be Well represents the University of Tennessee in the Fittest Company Challenge as part of the Covenant Health Knoxville Marathon. Sign up and join the University of Tennessee team for a discounted registration (use code “UT2019”).
Weight Watchers at Work
The Weight Watchers studio experience comes to UT! Enjoy all of the same benefits with the convenience of participating at work. Contact Gwen Roddye at email@example.com for more information.
- Be Well Employee Wellness Luncheon (May 7th, 2019)
- Employee Health & Fitness Week (May 13th-May 17th)
- Be Well will host several events throughout the year such as: Be Well Summer Event, YogaFest (September), Great American Smoke Out (November), National Employee Health and Fitness Week (May), etc.
- Be Well also participate in health outreach and promotion events across campus.
For more information about our Wellness Programs, email firstname.lastname@example.org.