Be Well participation in community events is a great way for faculty and staff to join together on the Be Well team to support health and wellness initiatives that are occurring in the greater Knoxville community.
For spring semester 2020, Be Well is participating in the Fittest Company Challenge hosted by the Covenant Health Knoxville Marathon series. UTK faculty and staff can participate on the University of Tennessee team for 40% off of race registration. Distances include: 5k, half-marathon, and full marathon. Use the code: “UTK2020” to receive the Be Well discount.
*Discount is only valid for UT faculty and staff.* Spouses, children, and family can register under the University of Tennessee team, but the discount will not apply to their registration.
To support employees interested in participating in the 5k on Saturday, March 28th, Be Well is launching a couch to 5k program. The 6 week training program will kick off on Monday, February 17th. Download the guide below.
Connect with other employees participating in this year’s event, by joining the Be Well UTK Fittest Company Challenge Group on Facebook. This is a private group for employees to schedule meet ups on campus to run/walk together, to talk about training, and to motivate each other up until race day!
The following community connections are also great resources to help you along the way:
- Covenant Health Knoxville Marathon– provides Saturday morning training runs at 8am at various locations around Knoxville
- Knoxville Track Club -provides a lot of information about upcoming races, places to run in Knoxville, and a group run schedule
- 865running – provides a pretty comprehensive schedule of run groups happening daily around town
- Runners Market– provides shoe fittings, a race schedule, injury screenings, and a 10% discount to UT students/staff
- Fleet Feet– provides a training schedule, shoe fittings, injury screenings, and group runs/walks
- New Balance– provides shoe fittings