To facilitate action among faculty and staff to make healthier choices by establishing and maintaining a workplace that encourages environmental and social support for a healthy lifestyle
The Employee Wellness Advisory Council of the University of Tennessee Knoxville (UTK) is a working group dedicated to building a culture of wellness for all employees of UTK. The Council consists of faculty and staff representatives across campus to advise and collaborate in identifying needs, shaping and promoting programs, as well as informing policy to meet the diverse needs of its faculty and staff.
- Assist to sustain the vision and continue the work of the Healthier Tennessee initiative.
- Identify existing resources and initiatives available for health and wellness for UTK faculty and staff.
- Identify needs in regard to health and wellness of UTK faculty and staff.
- Engage faculty and staff in discussion about employee health and wellness.
- Advocate for institutional support for evidence-based programs and strategies to enhance the health and wellness of UTK faculty and staff.
- Actively represent UTK faculty and staff within their respective areas with regard to issues relating to health and wellness.
- Assist in identification and acquisition (when appropriate) of external funding and resources to support the employee wellness of UTK.
|Laura Bryant, LMSW||Director of Center for Health Education and Wellnessfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Gene Fitzhugh, PhD||Associate Professor of Physical Activity Epidemiologyemail@example.com|
|Hollie Raynor, PhD||Associate Professor of Nutritionfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Kathleen C. Brown, PhD, MPH||Associate Professor and MPH Program Directoremail@example.com|
|Mary Lucal, PhD||Associate Vice Chancelor of Human Resourcesfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Rex Pringle, PhD||Director of RecSportsemail@example.com|
|Victoria Niederhauser, DrPH, RN||Dean of the College of Nursingfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Coordinator, Be Well Programemail@example.com|