To facilitate action among faculty and staff to make healthier choices by establishing and maintaining a workplace that encourages environmental and social support for a healthy lifestyle
The Employee Wellness Committee of the University of Tennessee Knoxville (UTK) is a working group dedicated to building a culture of wellness for all employees of UTK. The Council consists of faculty and staff representatives across campus to advise and collaborate in identifying needs, shaping and promoting programs, as well as informing policy to meet the diverse needs of its faculty and staff.
- Identify existing resources and initiatives available for health and wellness for UTK faculty and staff.
- Identify needs in regard to health and wellness of UTK faculty and staff.
- Engage faculty and staff in discussion about employee health and wellness.
- Advocate for institutional support for evidence-based programs and strategies to enhance the health and wellness of UTK faculty and staff.
- Actively represent UTK faculty and staff within their respective areas with regard to issues relating to health and wellness.
- Assist in identification and acquisition (when appropriate) of external funding and resources to support the employee wellness of UTK.