Move More Mondays
- A campaign to engage the campus community through walking and physical activity. The Thompson-Boling Arena concourse will be available on Mondays for walkers. The concourse can be accessed through the Pizza Hut entrance. Once inside take a right and take the elevator up to the third floor. 6 laps around the concourse are equivalent to 1 mile.
Additionally, in an effort to expand the campaign’s reach, Wellness Champions (Department wellness representatives) will help facilitate or lead a group walk around their area of campus. Visit our Wellness Champion page for a full list of building representatives.
- A bi-weekly wellness newsletter that is published every other Wednesday on our website and through Tennessee Today. Through this newsletter we can share general health and wellness information, events, and also announce Wellness Warrior Award Winners. Contributions are welcomed.
Be Well Weekends
- . A social media campaign to engage faculty, staff, and the rest of the campus community by sharing local outdoor events. Creating an opportunity for community interaction and engagement. Follow our social media accounts on Facebook and Twitter for more weekly suggestions.
Community Races and Events
- Once a month, Be Well will facilitate creating a team in community races and events that is open to all. The goal is to increase participation in physical activity events such as local races that benefit our community. Click here to see a calendar of events.
Be Well Lifestyle
- An evidence-based 6-week program adapted from the CDC’s Diabetes Prevention Program. This program that aims to help UT personnel create healthier lifestyles through physical activity and proper nutrition. In the lunch and learn sessions, participants will learn about the recommendations for different areas of health and wellness. Participants will then set and meet individual goals based on the recommendations and their current level of activity. Over the course of the program, participants will work to apply their goals and the recommendations as part of their daily lifestyle.
Campus Wellness Awards
- Be Well is proud to announce the launch of the Campus Wellness Awards. These wellness development funds were created to provide opportunities for departments to develop health and wellness related initiatives in partnership with Be Well. The project must align with one or more of the Be Well focus areas: Move More, Eat Better, and Cut out Tobacco. As we strive to make the University of Tennessee a healthier place, we encourage you to apply for one of five awards of up to $500 to promote wellness in your department. Sustainable projects and projects that include department matching funds are highly encouraged. Join the movement and complete the following application by February 17th.
Healthy Campus Challenges*
- The challenges will serve as a tool that will help our campus community focus efforts to tackle several issues with regards to health and wellness on campus. Every semester To begin Fall 2017.
- Be Well will host several events throughout the year such as: Be Well Kickoff Event, Party by the Pool, YogaFest, Great American Smoke Out, etc. Be Well will also participate in health outreach and promotion events across campus.
For more information about our Wellness Programs, email email@example.com.